Anyone recognize this chuck adapter?

ScrapMetal

Active User
Registered
This chuck was in a box of collets that came with my Wells-Index mill. It was in terrible shape and was frozen solid by some kind of resinous goo inside and out. After spending a night in a cup of "Simple Green" it was freed up enough so that I could disassemble it and rebuild it. Now it functions as slick as new.

The problem is, I don't know what to do with it! I haven't been able to identify the adapter on the end of it and I have nothing it fits in to.

On the adapter it has printed, "Light Machines", "A5155", and a patent number 4,902,177.

chuck01.JPG

chuck03.JPG

chuck04.JPG

Anyone happen to recognize it?

Thanks much,

-Ron

There is a line of quick change tool holders made by "Light Machines" but I can't turn up anything relevant on it. You'd have to have the socket to use that part of it. Looks like you may be better served by dismounting the chuck and finding another adapter.

Thanks Tony. Kind of what I figured but I had to check just in case.

-Ron

I'm kind of in the same boat. I have a couple of "Kwik-Switch" adapters, but no parent for them. Someday I'll find someone who needs them. Trading stock, or "pay it forward". Or maybe I need to have a garage sale. My AC needs to be replaced in the shop. It's not keeping up this year much better than last.

Chuck up a precision rod as large as OD that you can in the chuck.
Mount it up in your lathe and turn a new taper that you can use.

Hopefully, he fixed it 6 years ago. ;)

Tom

Back