[Lathe] Anyone recognize this little lathe?

dan97526

Registered
Registered
I can pick this little guy up for a song, but I have no idea what it is. Supposedly it's a 6x18. If I could sort out what make and model it is I could check on parts availability. I notice it's either missing or doesn't have a lead screw.

Can anyone identify it for me?

Thanks!286360

Kind of unique, the countershaft location; guaranteed to catch your shirtsleeves in the belt/pulleys!

That cant possibly be right, the countershaft should be on the other side of the lathe. That said, I've no idea what brand it is... kinda looks like someone didn't quite know how it went, when they set it up...

Looks more like a wood turning lathe- no leadscrew or gearing

Looks like someone added a chuck to a wood lathe. Looks like a saddle and cross slide from a different lathe.
Cheers
Martin

+1 on the WT. VERY good eye. if you look at the corners of the bed casting they match perfectly as does the headstock.

On the 'looks like parts on a wood lathe' the same lathe was sold as a wood lathe - also seen in the catalogue referenced above.

Would I buy it? No. Too light and that's going to need to get reassembled into a safer configureation. As a polishing lathe or something less rigorous...yes. Depends on what you want to do with it.

Back