[4]

Anyone recognize this old girl

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!
F

f350ca

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
This old lady has been in my aunts garage for some time. She's not sure where it came from, might have been something uncle Charlie drug home. Im the new proud owner. Not sure when I'll get to restoring it but hope I live long enough to get to it. It rolls over so Im sure it would fire right up. lol
There's absolutely no markings I can find on it to indicate its lineage.
IMG_4070.JPG

IMG_4071.JPG

IMG_4072.JPG
IMG_4073.JPG

Any info would be appreciated.

Greg

F

f350ca

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
No clue on its lineage Mark, looked at seagulls and don't think its one. Yes two cylinder with a cast iron cylinder but aluminum every where else

Greg

F

f350ca

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
DHJ your on the money !
Looks like its a Johnson Seahorse K50 8hp.
Interestingly all the pictures show Johnson cast into the top of the flywheel, mine doesn't.
Thanks

Greg

Hawkeye

Active User
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
I remember seeing an old Scott-Atwater back in '76 that would have been around the same vintage. Just another name to add to your search.

FOMOGO

Active User
H-M Platinum Supporter ($50)
Nice old motor, should clean up real well. Mike

F

f350ca

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Thanks for all the interest,
Certainly appears to be a Johnson from the 30's. When I did a search for vintage outboard images it didn't seam to come up but DHJ's info narrowed the search and we found it. Again odd that the flywheel on this one doesn't have Johnson cast into it?
Will definitely post the progress if I get around to a restoration. Would be a shame to not.
Thanks for the help
Greg

Silverbullet

Gold
Registered
If i remember right the flywheel nut is left hand thread. Been a long time since I repaired them. May not be Johnson , but you should know when the flywheel is removed. I also remember the nut is captured to the flywheel and acts like it's own puller. Predecessor to omc , evinrude, Johnson.

MonkMan

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
MOOR CAILLE / MOTORGO ?

D

Deleted member 34477

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Late to the party, but my vote is early 30's Johnson K-50. Cool find Greg.

F

f350ca

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Thanks for the links, neither list parts this old but may be able to help when I get to restoring it.
Never thought of the flywheel being an after market but that makes sense. Haven't checked to see if it has any magnetism left. Hum.
Problem with my cool finds is finding the time to do anything with them. If it weren't for my trips to the dump I might be accused of becoming a horder. lol

Greg

Richard King 2

Master Machine Tool Rebuilder & Instructor
H-M Supporter - Commercial Member
Twin city has racks of old motors. Websites can't say everything. Give them a call after they open and send them the photo's. I also think it's a Johnson. I have a 1/2 dozen of old outboards. Brings back a lot of memories when I was a kid.

I like going to Twin City and just walk around...it's like I am a kid in a candy store.

[5] [7]