[4]

Anyone use Derbyshire collets?

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

T. J.

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
First, a story...

I bought some stuff in an online auction last week. One of the items was a boxed set of collets. On the auction site, there was only one picture and it wasn't very detailed or informative. But they looked like either 5c or R8 collets, so I bought them. Upon receiving them, it turns out I grossly misjudged the scale of the photo...

So, I am now the proud owner of a 40 piece set of Derbyshire Magnus-Elect collets in a nice wooden case. The sizes range from very tiny up to about 5/16". Since I can't use them, I'm going to sell them. If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll get you some more info and pics. Even if no one is interested, I would like any information you may have about these. All I know is what I read on the lathes.uk site.

I was going to post this on the Derbyshire forum, but it doesn't look like there's much activity there.

T. J.

Here are some pics.

There are two size ranges: 3-1/2 to 50 tenths of a mm and fractional from 1/64" to 5/16" by 64ths. There is also one collet without clamping slits that looks to be made to accept a crotch center type device (shown in the last pic).

The diameter of the barrel is 10 mm. The threads are buttress threads of 1 mm pitch.

I couldn't get it to show up on a photo, but they are stamped "Derbyshire Magnus-Elect, Made in USA"

Attachments

OldGraybeard

Registered
Hi T.J.

I use them, do you still have them?

OldGraybeard

T. J.

They have been sold.

[6]
[5] [7]