Anyone used these before - Grizzly G7030 threading toolholder???

just my opinion, i have no experience with that holder or insert. if what the web page says is correct, they are proprietary inserts, and not too affordable at that
this one is a very readily available type of holder and affordable insert that can be had almost anywhere http://www.grizzly.com/products/Ext...313?utm_campaign=zPage&utm_source=grizzly.com
this tool will fit in the bxa xl tool holders (3/4"), though smaller versions are available too.

HTH
Rich

just my opinion, i have no experience with that holder or insert. if what the web page says is correct, they are proprietary inserts, and not too affordable at that
this one is a very readily available type of holder and affordable insert that can be had almost anywhere http://www.grizzly.com/products/Ext...313?utm_campaign=zPage&utm_source=grizzly.com
this tool will fit in the bxa xl tool holders (3/4"), though smaller versions are available too.

HTH
Rich
25mm (1 inch) toolholders will not fit BXA XL holders. 3/4" is the largest that will fit.

I have a couple of them, one in a AXA block and another set up as a threading swing tool (also is a AXA block), they are okay, they work good, but they have some limitations, they are just about useless with any thread number above 13 TPI, the insert is just too wide. They will do 1/2"13 great, but 1/2"-20 is too fine. I have the insert number, somewhere on a piece of paper, you can buy them directly from China for $2.

I thread a lot of stuff at 6-10 TPI, for that they work great, but if you looking for a more universal tool, this ain't it.

Have a look at the Dorian catalog. They have several styles listed that take the various types of inserts. I have one of their "on edge insert" 1/2" shank holders.

Tom S.

I have the insert number, somewhere on a piece of paper, you can buy them directly from China for $2.

Buffalo20 thank you, If you can find that number and seller I would appreciate it.

Thank You all for the responses!!!!

Last edited:
Mesa Tools, great insert turning tools, not expensive. I use to have one of those Grizzly threading tools, pretty primitive IMO.

The same one can be had off of eBay for about $15 and includes a box of 10 inserts. And Grizzly gets $49 for the holder only! I've bought several off of eBay and find them to be very nice. Now, how long they will last? It'll last my lifetime!

Back