Apron Issues on a Logan 210 Lathe

SgtMac012

Registered
Registered
Hello All, I am new to the hobby and the Hobby-Machinist site. A couple years ago I purchased a running but horribly dirty Logan 210 for $350. I am well into the cleaning and restoration of this awesome old machine and while putting the apron back together and after cleaning the miter gears I noticed that the miter gear (LA 189) has teeth that are bent over and the bearing that the miter gear goes into (LA 196) looks to be welded. There is an obvious meshing issue and I want to replace these two items. Logan sells them for about $500. Soooooo my question is, does anyone have a line on a nice used set, or is there a way to fix this miter gear. Ive checked Ebay and found nothing. I will try to post pics of my machine as soon as I can if anyone is interested. Thanks Guys.

I had to put a shim in to get the miter gears to mesh properly on my lathe (Model 200) when I put it together.
Unless someone pops up with a spare apron, eBay is probably your best bet.

I had to put a shim in to get the miter gears to mesh properly on my lathe (Model 200) when I put it together.
Unless someone pops up with a spare apron, eBay is probably your best bet.
Thanks nogoingback, I was afraid of that but will try the shim method for now and keep looking on ebay. I may just have to bite the bullet though.

Back