Ar15 comp from scratch

Shootymacshootface

I make little metal out of big metal.
Registered
The next project that I am planning will be an oversized comp for my 3gun ar15. I usually shoot open class so anything goes. Does anyone know of a very effective design that I could work off of? The big 2 chamber jp comp is supposed to be the thing, but I have no experience with that.

Thanks, Shooty

Sorry, the only thing I have made comps for are my pistols.

Interested in hearing what you come up with though. :)

The next project that I am planning will be an oversized comp for my 3gun ar15. I usually shoot open class so anything goes. Does anyone know of a very effective design that I could work off of? The big 2 chamber jp comp is supposed to be the thing, but I have no experience with that.

Thanks, Shooty

Shootout #2 is kind of interesting, if you subscribe to his test methodology.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.thet...4/jeremy-s/ar-15-muzzle-brake-shootout-2/amp/

That test is flawed in so many ways, there is no way to get any good data.
I say that because I had done my own tests using a recoil sled that rides on Thompson linear bearings. It also uses a remote trigger activator to remove inconsistencies from trigger pull.
Most of the brakes in his pictures have no more than 40% reduction in recoil, and amplify sound to unbearable levels.
The most effective brake I tested is the Vais style, which in best scenario cases come out to about 65-66%. It is also the least noisiest of any I have tested. It is also the easiest to make.
The only thing I have found to reduce recoil farther is a suppressor, at about 69%.

Back