Arbor Press, how big a press is needed for...

brino

Confirmed Tool User
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I don't have shop space or budget for two presses.
I believe the homemade hydraulic press is more useful than a 1-3 ton arbor press; larger capacity, longer work pieces, etc.
Sure the operator needs to understand the possible outcomes and be aware, but that goes for the lathe, the mill, the table saw, chain saw, and driving to work.

I certainly have broached with the hydraulic press.
Just be aware and sometimes even stop, reposition and re-start.

Since I can only have one, it is the hydraulic press, and since I have it I use it..... carefully.

Brian

WobblyHand

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Thanks everyone for their opinions and suggestions. Think I have a solution for the task at hand, or at least a fair try at it. Let you guys know in 3-4 days. Been an educational thread for me, and I value everyone's suggestions. According to tracking, should have a solution by then...

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock