Arbor press stand - general recommendations?

Still starting out, and there's quite a few times that I have been stumped. Sheet metal is something that I'd love to be able to do, but don't even know where to start. If I was to be honest with myself, I need to do some car body work before the sheet metal evaporates on me, but I really don't know what I am doing with sheet metal at all. Bigger stuff, I don't mind, but forming, shaping and welding sheet metal remains a challenge to me.

Now that I have a press, there's a bunch of things that I can do that I couldn't do before. After I get back home from visiting @mmcmdl I am going to make a pin spanner for my ER40 set true chuck. I can't tighten the collet nut to spec, because I have nothing to hold the chuck from spinning! I will use the press to install the 8mm pins for the spanner.
Yup, it's always something. I do a lot of research on YouTube first and then add it to my longrange radar so I know what I'm looking for and then when it comes up on the radar I know if it's a good deal or not. Forming sheetmetal is so satisfying for me, but such a deep subject. It all depends on the kind of work you want to do that dictates the equipment you need. I'm not doing car sheetmetal but I wanted to eventually make a velomobile with aluminum skin. My lathe tool rack had to be out of sheetmetal because I keep a cover on my lathe as it's the only way it won't rust and the cover grabs the tools if they stick up. This rack lets the cover slide free with no probs.

After I get back home from visiting @mmcmdl I am going to make a pin spanner for my ER40 set true chuck.
After you leave here , you'll have more than a few projects ! :laughing:

I'll post pics of the 80/20 tables we ended up with on the other thread . Dayyyumm , quite a bit of stuff was moved . :grin:

Back