Arbor Press

The 1.5 ton is $400.
So you could buy 2 and save $200.
Oh wait. Maybe not. LOL

I use to use one at my last job. But it got old fast. To much like work. Replaced it with a hydraulic press and never looked back. At My present job I use a 100 ton press to broach keyways daily.

Here's a pic of that Famco. I talked to the seller today and he will not budge on the price. I did find a few nice looking ones several hundred miles away but at this time I don't feel like travelling to buy one, yet.
1518141437063.png

Looks like he put a $100.00 coat of paint on it. Mine's a 2 ton, but it looks just like it. If you have the time, keep looking. Everyone on
eBay is priced high, but something will turn up on CL.

Here's a pic of that Famco. I talked to the seller today and he will not budge on the price. I did find a few nice looking ones several hundred miles away but at this time I don't feel like travelling to buy one, yet.

I think you're in the Twin Cities area. If any of them are SW, I could pick it up for you. I'll be coming up there soon.

Reactions: rwm
I have purchased two different pieces of metal working equipment off CL based on a "I want to purchase" ad. I usually include a generic picture of what I am looking for. I found and eventually purchased my Burke 126 horizontal mill that way. I was pickup up a vintage Craftsman power hacksaw from a CL "wanted to buy" ad and the guy showed me around his shop and he had a very nice Burke 126, so about 6 months latter I called him up and bought the Burke.

Thanks Sleddog.
They were all east and south of here.
If I get a chance I'll check southwest of here.

Never thought about that HarryJM.
Thanks for the idea.

ddicky, I'd keep looking. That press is missing the planten (wheel.) Really reduces the usability in my opinion.

Machinerymax.com has on-line auctions up in your area fairly often. Last year they had one close to me (100 miles). I picked up an almost new Jet 3 ton arbor press for $80. Government Liquidators also has a lot of auctions up your way as well.

Back