Arbor stuck in quill WARCO WM 14 MILL

Thank you very much to feed-back me. I will try locking the spindle. Regarding this puller, do you have some pictures or examples to make me more clarified? It sounds to be interesting...

Hello,

In my head something like this , apologies for rubbish sketch ;)

Stu

Try soaking with penetrating oil or solvent- 50/50 mix of automotive automatic transmission fluid and acetone is a popular secret sauce here in the states. Soak for several hours or days, then apply a source of heat to the assembly such as a light bulb or heat gun, then try tapping again
You might need a more substantial hammer than the plastic mallet, but sometimes a bit of brute force is necessary
Good luck
Mark
Dear Mark, thank you for ideea, it was the the best. I putted this ,,alchemist formula " inside the arbor/ quill and left my shop to a short 5 days vacation
Try soaking with penetrating oil or solvent- 50/50 mix of automotive automatic transmission fluid and acetone is a popular secret sauce here in the states. Soak for several hours or days, then apply a source of heat to the assembly such as a light bulb or heat gun, then try tapping again
You might need a more substantial hammer than the plastic mallet, but sometimes a bit of brute force is necessary
Good luck
Mark

Dear Mark, thank you for ideea, it was the the best. I putted this ,,alchemist formula " inside the arbor/ quill and left my shop to a short 5 days vacation. I returned back and I followed your advice, with a brutal force and... Hurrah!!!! It worked! Now I can use different kind of end mill based on MT/MK2 tools.
Now for me will be comfortable to work more precisely.
Thank to all machinists involved or not in this topics.
On the other hand, I founded this site very useful, with a lot of interesting discussions. I will recommend to other Romanians for knowledge and skills improving.
One more time, thank all of you!!!
By.

Back