are feed gears supposed to rotate around the bushings

I have no idea why the 64T gear doesn't say 64A. But if it has a 1/2" hub length, it is a 64A regardless of what shows up on the side. First, unless you are determined to convert your 101.07403 to a 101.07401, you do NOT want to even think about converting the gears to the 3/8" hub non-A configuration. The total hub length of the 64T + 20T and the 48T + 20T should be 1.0 ". The length of the 10-73A Sleeve, not including the flange thickness, should be about 1.015".

The directions for converting a later A-Suffix gear to the earlier version are in the Technical Bulletin folder under the Atlas/Craftsman Lathe folder. After navigating to that folder, near top of screen click on Sort on Title. The TB will be near the bottom of the list. However, as said above, you do not want to do that.

I took everything apart and soaked them in Simple Green. The bearings just needed a little help from a hammer and rod to tap them out. They work great now. All the gears are A suffix, too. The grime covered up the letters, some of which are not raised up enough so they were hard to discern. The A suffix is only on one side, too, I noticed.
I put the gears on the holder and they tightened really well and spin freely. I used Lubriplate Gear Shield spray. So far, so good!

Back