Are There Any New Yorkers Around

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Looking to hear some news on the status of the Remington Plant up in Ilion NY . I know some time back it was announced that they were building a new plant down in Carolina . I own property just about 10 miles north of the plant and was hoping one day to retire up there and possibly do some work with them . Guess I could Google them but it would be nice to hear some news from any locals . Thanks .

I think since the state of NY changed their tax laws for business incentive, they may have changed their mind or delayed a move.

Derf , I thought their reasoning for packing up was the " black gun " law that NY passed some time back . I may be wrong on that though .

I don't know why that would upset Remington, as all of their "black guns" are made in Huntsville, AL.

Remington believed it to be a slap in the face so I was told .

I don't know why that would upset Remington, as all of their "black guns" are made in Huntsville, AL.

With New York's new "7-round magazine capacity restriction", that has an effect on much more than just black rifles. Even the 1911 pistols have 8-round magazines standard these days. It isn't just Remington and it isn't just New York either. Beretta is leaving Maryland, MagPul left Colorado, many others too.

I don't know why there are ANY gunmakers in New England these days. The smart ones are going south or west, the cheap ones are going far east.

Remington has multiple plants. The last decision was to expand in North Carolina instead of expanding and modernizing the Ilion plant in NY. Nothing to do with politics, everything to do with economics. The NY plant is still open, but the outlook is not rosy there and they have/are cutting employee levels.

Jeff

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I believe they the 7 round limit was repealed.
Now it is 10, and perhaps still 7 for shotguns.
ome

I believe they the 7 round limit was repealed.
Now it is 10, and perhaps still 7 for shotguns.
ome

10 rounds is the current limit. There always has been a magazine capacity restriction for hunting (I believe) of 3 shells as far as shotguns go.

The S.A.F.E. act has had no effect on firearm crimes/violence I am aware of. Just making the average gun owner a criminal one at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back