Are these squares worth it?

LOL..... Really? No one has an opinion? This is much different than other forums I am on where everyone has an opinion. Wow, this place is very tame..... I like it.

Hi Finster
I just saw your question about these squares. I have no experience with this set, but have a couple of sets of combination squares from i-gaging. Their stuff seems to be priced quite low by comparison. With that in mind, I doubt that they are blems. I've been happy with the combination squares so far, but have not been able to check how closely they match specifications.
Please let us know what you think if you purchase them.
Thanks.
-Randall

Compare the specs with the Starrett solid squares. They aren't quite at the same level, but it may be OK for the price.

I don't have that square set but have other Igaging marking and measuring tools and they seem to be alright, have a 4" and a 6" doubles squares from them ,very accurate.
Lee Valley sells individual "Engineer's squares" they are a bit more but well worth it.

LOL..... Really? No one has an opinion? This is much different than other forums I am on where everyone has an opinion. Wow, this place is very tame..... I like it.

Your first post was at 3:10 in the morning... :)

Your first post was at 3:10 in the morning... :)
6:10 AM. I'm in the East. :D Am I the only one up that early? :eagerness: Yea, couldn't sleep. I'm trying to get back to regular sleeping hours after working 3rd shift for a month.

These squares look nice. I'm assuming they are blems. Any idea if these are a good price or can I find them cheaper else ware? I googled them but haven't seen the same set.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MACHINIST-S...288209?hash=item3387f4a0d1:g:EhwAAOxyXDhSknoS

The listed spec. is +/- .1º which works out to +/- .0018"/". For a 6" square, that is +/- .010". IMO, that's not very square.

A number of tool companies sell workshop grade square sets with a specified accuracy of .0008 +L/10.000, where L is the beam length, (class H) which works out to .0012" for the 6" square. Prices vary but they are around the eBay price or lower.
http://www.traverscatalogs.com/lg_display.cfm/catalog/Master_2017/page/1021/highlight/square

Back