Are Vises One of Your Vices ???

There is always one... or two. LOL.

"Harleys are the only real motorcycle."
"Ranger Bass Boats or Nothing."
"If you can't afford the price tag go home little boy."

In December 1993 when I started my contracting company I didn't even own a pickup truck. I hired a buddy and paid him handsomely because he owned one. I did sales calls on my motorcycle because it looked nicer than my car. I bought my first decent name brand drill motor with the deposit from a network cabling job... so I could do the cabling job. If I was a snob I'd never have the house, boats, bikes, trucks, cars, machines, tools, test equipment, shop, property, etc I have today. I am a hard driven harder worker. That's what really matters, but then according to some I'm not a real machinist either. LOL. Just a button pushing shade tree self taught hack wannabee. LOL. In some of my cute little videos I actually say that by the way. Makes a great way to introduce a video so folks don't expect more than it is.

I just walked around I have 13 vises. 4 are woodworking vises. So 9 for metal. Aside from my bridgeport vise, none of the rest are precision vises. 2 palmgrens , 1 Parker (medium large), 1 Wilton (medium), 1 old craftsman (medium large) and a couple of assorted drill press vises (craftsman American made nice, chineese), small Wilton

This is one of my favourites for delicate bench work

BowlingBallVice.jpg

It's a bowling ball with a flat cut with an electric planer, 2 holes drilled and tapped on the flat face and a vice bolted to it, standing in a couple of solid golf trolley tyres super glued together.

Just got another one to add to the list, gona need some cleaning , it’s a heavy monster 6-1/4” jaws 90# tilting angle.

C699C4BB-C571-4823-A308-791615D58D04.jpeg

Back