Are we scaring you?

Hi Bogs,

Great post as usual!
I always love reading your posts and have read through nearly all of them across the many forums we both belong to.
They are always inspiring to me even though most of what you do defies my logic at the moment.

I find that i spend way too much time trolling the internet reading up on how to do something rather than just trying it.
I don't really like failing but have come to realize that when you are teaching yourself how to become a machinist failure is
as likely as the morning coming!
Having never owned, run or used any metal working machinery i find the journey i have taken quite daunting!

My woodworking background can only help me make some nice bases once i actually make an engine or something! :)

And i suppose my first project is a bit out of my league since it is being done from scratch with a basic drawing and a vision
of what i want it to look like when it is done.
Trying to figure it out as i go along and see what happens!

It is all part of the journey and i am having a great time, if a bit slow and careful...

As someone new to machining i would say i am amazed at the speed with which some of you can work!
It takes me hours to make a part that you could knock up in 10 minutes and yours would actually work!!

Also some of us that have the "cheaper" equipment spend a lot of time just getting it into specification.
I am finding that i spend a lot of time adjusting my mill and doing this and that to it to try and get it all nice and square!

Anyway enough ramblings..
I need to figure out how to get a test tube securely mounted to another bit and also have it sealed.... :nerd:

Andrew

Back