Argh, the cost of brass!

Maybe its time for somebody to learn how to bring hard anodizing into the home shop arena. Regular anodizing is pretty tough, but there are some hard anodizing processes out there now that are incredible.

Remember that anodizing causes your parts to grow a little. If that was it then it would be no big deal, but the fellow who owns Taig Tools told me he had issues with T-slot tables in that the ends tended to grow slightly more than the rest of the piece.

fixing my pressure washer I discovered the pump is brass, I'll never throw a them away again.
Don't be to sure , some are coated. I've repaired and replaced more then 500 over the years. Some really are brass but not as many as there use to be. The biggest problem with pressure washers is the owner. If taken care of even just a few minutes would save 90% of breakdowns. Frozen and cracked is tops usually .

For the high cost and inability to find , it's the companies who do the commodities market. Raise prices by not producing its worked forever , remember the gas shortage in the seventies. My best friend worked for Arco then , inside right he told me they had barges full off shore in pinegrove where they produced petroleum . No shortages now and there profits and prices control our driving and more . When a senator needs a raise of backdoor finances ,you get the drift. Follow the money.

Back