Arrived today

How does the angle adjustment clamp down? Interesting tool, looks like something a fella could make.......

Locks with the 2 shoulder screws, not super solid. I am thinking angle plates or a screw jack to lock it in when milling.
But the vice mechanism itself seems to be super solid, no lift or twist which is why I bought it. Figured I could modify the tilt lock.D5F26DAC-B972-4F1F-9841-98919B6C9DB9.jpeg43E7CEFA-2A13-4630-B58C-8587A25475E9.jpegE3812AA5-CEEE-42BD-84C3-90CC4DFAA3C8.jpeg

Thanks, quig! I see it clearly now. Good pics. Yet another concept to kick around, whilst kicking around the shop. I have alot of angle blocks, gauges etc., plus the old floppy version of an angle vise. I have made do so far, and have not needed anything more rigid YET. Thanks for another way of getting around the situation. I love this hobby for the problem solving puzzles it presents.:big grin:

Oh, ya- one more thing. When I see this cool old vintage stuff, I am reminded of an oath I swore years ago, after i sent my screwdriver thru the car stereo speaker I saved a month for. To wit-
" When I become President, slotted screws and their drive mechanisms will become CONTRABAND, OUTLAWED, ILLEGAL SCRAP. The drive mechanisms will henceforth be called "chisels" or "prybars". If you are caught designing ANY device that uses this style of fastening hardware, you will be publicly flogged, keelhauled and then banished to an island where your rescue boat will be built with these foul pieces, sourced 40 years ago from the local 5 and dime. They will be loose. Your drive mechanism will be from the traveling tool shows of the same time period. No life preservers will be provided. Don't say I did not warn you."

LOL................almost exactly what I was thinking as I disassembled it.

Goes along with my take on design engineers, you get to design ONE machine or part and then you go into the field and do repair and maintenance for ONE YEAR on your design before you are allowed to design anything else.

Back