• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You

• As some of you know, I have wanted to stop managing H-M for some time. It's a tremendous strain on my personal life. I want to set up my own shop. In September, September 15, to be exact, it will be 8 years that Hobby-Machinist has been in existence.

I have been training VTCNC to run things here. Dabbler is going to learn too. I feel that they are ready to start taking over the operation. I will be here to help in case they need, but I don't think they will. Tony Wells is and will be here also to consult with. I will be doing backups, upgrades, and installing addons. Other than that, I will not be around. I am leaving this place in good operating condition, and financial condition.
    --Nelson
[4]

Atlas 10

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

dlane

Active User
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
Why , there’s better deals in SoCal if your patient, that’s in Massachusetts

westsailpat

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
A couple of reasons @dlane , but first the reason I'm interested in this machine is because only one person so far is bidding on this machine and his bid is $100. maybe someone will come in at the last moment and bump it up a little but still it doesn't look like this machine will go for much . I'm only interested in it for the legs , but say it goes for around $100. and shipping was really only $300. It would still be a smokin' deal . There is a guy in my area that is trying to corner the market on vintage Atlas/Craftsman stuff his prices are pretty steep . He has a pair of those legs and he wants $400. firm . The main problem for me is space , so (haha) I have to think small .

dlane

Active User
Good luck. So your going to part it out after shipping it x country.

wa5cab

Downloads Moderator
Staff member
H-M Platinum Supporter ($50)
Not necessarily, but if so, there's nothing unreasonable about that. Three or four years ago, I bought an MFC (in this case obviously incomplete) solely because it was sitting on one of the post-war steel cabinets. Not as far to ship as in Mark's case but it was in NJ and I'm in Houston, so hardly next door.

westsailpat

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
Well now I'm a little depressed . $152.50 and it' sold . Really I had no intentions of buying or shipping this machine . Although I was soul searching a bit , I was thinking relieving this old machine of it's legs might blasphemy , but really there is nothing wrong IMO with buying a machine for the legs and then selling the machine . Buying a machine and selling part of it and throwing away the rest now that's a different story IMO .
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1930-039-s-Atlas-Series-10-Lathe-/123136117914?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&nma=true&si=nxPQKrlTDAvVruELGMl%2B6%2Bympe4%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Last edited:
[6]
[5] [7]