Atlas 10

westsailpat

Registered
Registered
I'm watching this one , too bad that's all I can do .
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1930s-Atlas-Series-10-Lathe/123136117914?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649
s-l1600.jpg

Why , there’s better deals in SoCal if your patient, that’s in Massachusetts

A couple of reasons @dlane , but first the reason I'm interested in this machine is because only one person so far is bidding on this machine and his bid is $100. maybe someone will come in at the last moment and bump it up a little but still it doesn't look like this machine will go for much . I'm only interested in it for the legs , but say it goes for around $100. and shipping was really only $300. It would still be a smokin' deal . There is a guy in my area that is trying to corner the market on vintage Atlas/Craftsman stuff his prices are pretty steep . He has a pair of those legs and he wants $400. firm . The main problem for me is space , so (haha) I have to think small .

Good luck. So your going to part it out after shipping it x country.

Not necessarily, but if so, there's nothing unreasonable about that. Three or four years ago, I bought an MFC (in this case obviously incomplete) solely because it was sitting on one of the post-war steel cabinets. Not as far to ship as in Mark's case but it was in NJ and I'm in Houston, so hardly next door.

Well now I'm a little depressed . $152.50 and it' sold . Really I had no intentions of buying or shipping this machine . Although I was soul searching a bit , I was thinking relieving this old machine of it's legs might blasphemy , but really there is nothing wrong IMO with buying a machine for the legs and then selling the machine . Buying a machine and selling part of it and throwing away the rest now that's a different story IMO .
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1930-039-s-Atlas-Series-10-Lathe-/123136117914?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&nma=true&si=nxPQKrlTDAvVruELGMl%2B6%2Bympe4%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Last edited:
Back