Atlas 53 Drill Table

VaBob

Registered
Registered
Where can I get one?

I just purchased the drillpress locally and would like to freshen it up a little. The table is pretty chewed up and I was wondering if anyone had a better source than e-bay.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

You've got a couple choices. Cover it with a piece of plate, fill the holes with steel epoxy or look for another one. I filled mine with steel epoxy. It came out pretty good. It was in very bad shape on an antique camel back drill.

Whats the part# of the table casting and the diameter of the column. Might be able to help

Glass bead the problem area. Make a round plug (teflon would be good) for the center hole so it acts like a dam. The get some Devcon steel putty and fill in all that ugly. Wait a day, then draw file it flat. The Devcon steel putty looks very close to cast iron in color. It’s not a perfect repair, but no repair will be perfect. It’s easy, works and looks darn good. I have Devcon repairs on a few machines, they look so good I don’t even think about it anymore…Good Luck, Dave.

Glass bead the problem area. Make a round plug (teflon would be good) for the center hole so it acts like a dam. The get some Devcon steel putty and fill in all that ugly. Wait a day, then draw file it flat. The Devcon steel putty looks very close to cast iron in color. It’s not a perfect repair, but no repair will be perfect. It’s easy, works and looks darn good. I have Devcon repairs on a few machines, they look so good I don’t even think about it anymore…Good Luck, Dave.

Can you show us?

Sorry the one I have is a JD-2 and doesn,t swivel maybe a later year or a different model

Just checked on the vintage machines site and the one I have came off a 50,s vintage 11 3/4"
bench top Model# 9325. To bad it,s near mint

Last edited:
View attachment 132759
Sure, the pic above has a mechanical pencil pointing at a Devcon repair where there was a hole. I did the repair about 10 years ago. It’s even harder to see now. I guess because the scratches from table use has camouflaged it some. It's about 7/16" in diameter…Dave

Thanks for sharing your knowledge Dave. Well done. You are correct, you have to actually be looking for it to even see it.

Back