Atlas 6" 10100 lathe would like to order new Timken tapered roller bearing

jscottmoss

Registered
Registered
I've never bough bearings before, and I do not know that much about them anyways. Does anyone know the part numbers to order for an atlas 10100 lathe, think blue paint :) I did search the forum yesterday and found people looking for them but I never saw a specific part number or a link to a product on amazon... that is what I was looking for :) Please and thank you have a great day!

I think i just found it in a post from yesterday in a doc If this isnt right please let me know. :) have a great week ya'll!
For the Atlas 10100
045-032 Cone = 07100
045-032 Cup = 07196
(both bearings are shown as the same in all parts lists, although the spindle drawing indicates otherwise)

Hold up your bottom jaw and hold your breath, when you price them. You’re looking at 800+ dollars for a new set. I’m assuming they’re similarly priced to the 10” Atlas bearings.

Well, they are not cheap by any means but the factory drawings don't call for Class 3 bearings for the 6" as they do for the 10" and 12".

As to whether both bearings are the same or not, I have also noticed that the part number call-outs don't jive with the parts list drawings. I have been awaiting someone's report on that. In your case, I would definitely pull the spindle and check that before buying bearings. Hopefully the Timken numbers will be on them.

Greetings, i replaced the bearings on my Atlas 618 2 years ago. I got them from Motion Industries here in Canada, they had them in stock.
The 2 cups are Timken 07196, the front cone is Timken 07100, the rear cone is Timken 07079. All 4 pieces cost $ 75. Can including tax.

I have put that list in Downloads. Look under Atlas/Craftsman/Dunlap/AA in A/C Repairs - General. The list includes Timken bearings for all of the Timken equipped lathes and all of the mills. If anyone comes up with Timken numbers for the shaper, I'll add them.

I think i just found it in a post from yesterday in a doc If this isnt right please let me know. :) have a great week ya'll!
For the Atlas 10100
045-032 Cone = 07100
045-032 Cup = 07196
(both bearings are shown as the same in all parts lists, although the spindle drawing indicates otherwise)
Hi, I also have an Atlas 10100 and I was wondering the same thing, did you end up replacing your spindle bearings? Were the ones you referenced correct?
Thanks

Back