Atlas 7A Shaper Internal Tool Holder

I know I’ve posted this a few times. But it’s really a good archive of shaper articles.

Kay Fischer’s shaper columns
This is pretty cool. Column 67...he rebuilds a shaper . Check out the pictures midway down the page. Interesting set ups. I have never seen anything like it. Not sure about the stability of the way such a big part is mounted...but according to the poster...it worked to scrape a twisted knee of a Lewis Shaper.

Attachments

• 82FA5374-FB03-4206-B515-92AE0CABDD2B.jpeg
    82FA5374-FB03-4206-B515-92AE0CABDD2B.jpeg
    50.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
My shaper is also an Atlas S-7. And I do cut the boring bars to get the portion I need. I thought to identify my machine just after pressing the ENTER key to post the comment. Story of my life, a day late and a dollar short. Much (most) of my machine work is to solve a problem, usually an immediate problem.

I am not a machinist, but a retired electrical engineer and model builder. Machine work is just one more "means to an end", same as carpentry, electrical, automotive mechanic, et al.

I know I’ve posted this a few times. But it’s really a good archive of shaper articles.

Kay Fischer’s shaper columns

Neat, I've never seen those, thanks!

My shaper is also an Atlas S-7. And I do cut the boring bars to get the portion I need. I thought to identify my machine just after pressing the ENTER key to post the comment. Story of my life, a day late and a dollar short. Much (most) of my machine work is to solve a problem, usually an immediate problem.

I am not a machinist, but a retired electrical engineer and model builder. Machine work is just one more "means to an end", same as carpentry, electrical, automotive mechanic, et al.

Same here, I'm just a computer guy who likes to kill time getting dirty in his shop :)

Back