Atlas 900B 10" Collet Closer Assembly

wa5cab

Downloads Moderator
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I and another list member (whose user ID unfortunately escapes me) were discussing in a PM the 900B that I have and no longer need (because I found the later one correct for my 3996). I got as far as gathering up and packing the parts, then something must have come up and I forgot about it for a while. Yesterday, I stumbled across the box but cannot find the Conversation thread. If you are still on here and recognize yourself, please contact me via PM. Even if you've already done something else.

I and another list member (whose user ID unfortunately escapes me) were discussing in a PM the 900B that I have and no longer need (because I found the later one correct for my 3996). I got as far as gathering up and packing the parts, then something must have come up and I forgot about it for a while. Yesterday, I stumbled across the box but cannot find the Conversation thread. If you are still on here and recognize yourself, please contact me via PM. Even if you've already done something else.

Howdy! I know this is an old thread, and you probably don't have it any more, but on the off chance that you might, I find myself in the market for an Atlas 900B collet closer assy for my 10" V42. Thanks for any help you can provide in pointing me to one.

Only recently found it, and really appreciate this forum; I've been learning a lot!

Dave H
Northern Pennsylvania

Dave,

As you could see, whomever it was that was interested in the closer never responded. However, as my post was about 17 months ago, I'll have to locate what I had of the 900B again. So as soon as I locate the box and pieces, I'll send you a PM with a brief note here. As full-blown selling (or buying) is restricted to the "FOR SALE- PREMIUM SUBSCRIBERS CAN SELL HERE" Forum and/or PM's. I will add that it is missing the linkage to couple the back end of the operating lever to the 10" headstock. When I bought it, it didn't matter that it didn't have the linkage for the 10" as it was going on a late 12" anyway. However, I do have all of the factory drawings for making the missing linkage parts. I acquired them later after I had found the complete 12" one.

Dave,

As you could see, whomever it was that was interested in the closer never responded. However, as my post was about 17 months ago, I'll have to locate what I had of the 900B again. So as soon as I locate the box and pieces, I'll send you a PM with a brief note here. As full-blown selling (or buying) is restricted to the "FOR SALE- PREMIUM SUBSCRIBERS CAN SELL HERE" Forum and/or PM's. I will add that it is missing the linkage to couple the back end of the operating lever to the 10" headstock. When I bought it, it didn't matter that it didn't have the linkage for the 10" as it was going on a late 12" anyway. However, I do have all of the factory drawings for making the missing linkage parts. I acquired them later after I had found the complete 12" one.

That would be terrific , thanks! My contact details are below; feel free to email directly if that's easier/more in keeping with forum policies. I could really use one of these closers, and appreciate anything you can come up with. Just bid on a partial one on Feebay yesterday, but it got away from me.

Thanks again,
Dave Harnish
DavesRepair.com
drs[at]sosbbs.com

John 14:6

Back