Atlas Lathe Tool Holder Model No. A2030 Left or Right Hand Boring Bar Holder

Atlas2start

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I was going through the Atlas Catalogue, and then searching Ebay for bits that I don't have yet. One of those was the Atlas A2030 boring bar holder. I saw that Armstrong makes an identical looking holder that is model No. 2030. Is it the same? And did Armstrong make holders for Atlas?

Thankyou.

Fred

What catalog did you find it in? I thumbed through everything that I have from 1952 to 1978 and didn't find anything with a part number in the 2000 range.

As far as I know, Armstrong didn't specifically make anything for Atlas but Atlas did sell under their own part numbers at least usually tooling made by Armstrong, Williams and others. But most of it had either 3-digit part numbers or part numbers in the 6000 range.

As long as the boring bar holder fits in the tool post and the boring bars fit to it, does the manufacturer name matter? Armstrong at the time made tool holders and tool posts that would be fitted to the Southbend's, Logan's, Atlas and so on.

General Catalogue No. 41, page 24. The 30 Anniversary edition. I found a .pdf version online.

Is this what your looking for or something similar ? This came with an old Atlas lathe with the original boring bars .

Attachments

• IMG_7675.JPG
    IMG_7675.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7676.JPG
    IMG_7676.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 10
@Atlas2start .

OK. I just didn't go far enough back. Although Atlas apparently made no particular effort to either obliterate another manufacturer's logo from the actual items nor get them to not mark the items, they did apparently doctor photos in their catalogs so that Armstrong and other maker's names didn't show or weren't legible. But I'll say that I am at least 95% sure that the Atlas A2030 is the Williams 2030.

@Atlas2start .

OK. I just didn't go far enough back. Although Atlas apparently made no particular effort to either obliterate another manufacturer's logo from the actual items nor get them to not mark the items, they did apparently doctor photos in their catalogs so that Armstrong and other maker's names didn't show or weren't legible. But I'll say that I am at least 95% sure that the Atlas A2030 is the Williams 2030.
I agree. Here are some pictures (I hope) to clarify things a bit. The catalog picture was taken from my computer screen with my phone.
IMG_3956.jpgIMG_3957.jpg
IMG_3955.jpg

Is this what your looking for or something similar ? This came with an old Atlas lathe with the original boring bars .
i have one of those, after the fact, that is also made by Armstrong.

Fred

Back