atlas lathes gear cutting fixture.....

thanks for the heads up on that ...im on windows ....ill look and see what i can find .......i just found a goober in this print so i am trying to figure how i am gonna fix a hole i drilled in it ...probably just weld it up and redrill...in the print it has 4 equally spaced holes at .1875 from the edge both in x and y .it says to drill a 17/64 clearance hole all way threw and 82* countersink for 1/4-20 flat head screw ....by the time i countersink there will be no edge left in the flat.......so im contemplating using 8/32 screws ...i am using digital read out and the edge located on the vice ..... .....lol

Eric,
Make your self a pin for the hole silver solder in place and after clean up redial the proper size.
Good luck
if you need the article I can send you a copy but I can't post it here send me an email address and I'll send you 2 of them one from popular mechanics and the other from Atlas.
Regards
dgehricke@yahoo.com

i have alot of the old books and prints on accessories for lathes and mills and try to build them from time to time ....but i run my own fabrication business 6 days a week ...its a one man show so time is limited most of the time ........the last thing i made was the offset center for the tailstock for turning tapers ...i still need to make a new dead center piece for it with a longer nose because there is not enough room to clear the fixture with the tool to work on the end of the shaft ...........lol so i was gonna make one out of o1 tool steel with a long nose on it to fix the problem ...........when i need it is when ill get around to making it ...............eric......

Eric,
I made that same tool I'm to lazy to move the tail stock I got the drawings and info from Popular Mechanics who da thought ?
I'm retired and getting older with each passing day I work on something in my shop every day.
Later
Regards
dgehricke

Back