Atlas mill home at last

robert1352

Active User
Registered
Hi everyone the other day I finally got my little atlas horizontal mill home, I found on this little gem on craigslist for 200$.I want to disassembly my mill and give it a through cleaning but I have never taken something like this apart before. What sort of tools would be required to take it apart with out damaging it? Thanks everyone, Robert.

Basically ordinary hand tools is all recall using when I tore mine down. Congratulations and enjoy it.

I sent you a PM requesting your email address so I can send you the original manual for your machine.

Last edited:
So today I started to take a long hard look at the mill, everything seems to ok with the exception one area. When I try to raise or lower the knee the handle dosent want to turn. I wont find out for sure what the problem is til I start taking it apart,any ideas as to what the problem is?

I would not worry about it for now, the problem will reveal itself once you get it home and dismantle it enough to get to the root of the problem.

So whats the story, do you want me to email you the manual for that machine or not? If you do give me an email address to send it. :whistle:

Thanks for the offer but I forgot to mention I have a manual for the mill that I got from the seller, but thank you for your kind offer. I will start taking it apart later today and will try to post pictures as work progresses.

Thanks for the offer but I forgot to mention I have a manual for the mill that I got from the seller, but thank you for your kind offer. I will start taking it apart later today and will try to post pictures as work progresses.

Good deal, so long as you have a copy of the manual. I found it a great asset in the restoration of my machine as you will too I am sure.

Ok so here are the first pictures.Keep in mind that a lot of the brown on the mill is not rust but is in fact sawdust mixed with oil.The person who sold me the mill had used it for wood working.

pic 020.JPG pic 021.JPG

Back