ATLAS TH42 TABLE

im thinking of retro fitting this one...i think my motor will hang out the back a bit...ill fab a little mount and weld it on.

View attachment 298289
If you can pick this bench up for a good price I think you would be much happier with having both drawers and shelves along with a full length drip pan. Done right you could put together a very nice custom made "tool organizer" to Utilize those shelves more efficiently. For instance, make some chuck mounting/removal sleds that hold the chucks so that they line up directly with the spindle so that you do not have to hold its weight as you install or remove them. You could mount a slide out collet rack directly under the drip pan etc... plus you get that very cool Almost "Original" OEM bench look not to mention the quality is probably gonna be much better then a comparatively priced rolling chest. Anyway, thats my $0.02 worth of thoughts....

im thinking of retro fitting this one...i think my motor will hang out the back a bit...ill fab a little mount and weld it on.

View attachment 298289
That's a super nice bench for an Atlas. A DuPont overhaul and leveling feet will put you on your way, and you'll get way more utility out of that cabinet than you would the original Atlas cast iron legs.

I bought my Atlas with a sturdy base cabinet from a 1960's lithograph printing press as a bench. I think there are a lot of viable solutions out there. Usable storage, a solid base, and easy chip cleaning are what I would consider the most important things to look for.

That's a super nice bench for an Atlas. A DuPont overhaul and leveling feet will put you on your way, and you'll get way more utility out of that cabinet than you would the original Atlas cast iron legs.

I bought my Atlas with a sturdy base cabinet from a 1960's lithograph printing press as a bench. I think there are a lot of viable solutions out there. Usable storage, a solid base, and easy chip cleaning are what I would consider the most important things to look for.
agreed.
i think i will get the custom cabinet...turns out it was home made not an Atlas. ill paint it a nice machinist gray with some levelling feet.
done. ill post pics when the project is complete. i love the idea of having drawers...ill put some pelican case foam in them so i can organize my tools tidily. i dont like things hanging on the walls ..im odd like that :)

Back