Attaching Drill Chuck to a Ram End.

Basenjib is limited on tools, I was trying to think of stuff he might have on hand.

Ok take a 1/2 round bar. Put it on a piece of wood and Smack it with a hammer acouple times. It will leave a depression in the wood like a half round. Grab a nail the size of pin pound it through the center of depression. Now remove the nail you have the same jig I was explaining before. You can put between vice jaws and use a vise. Idk but watch out for tapered pins too.

Is that a tapered pin? If not, is it deformed (peened)? Still amazed the pin is so tight. Seems to me like you need to make an anvil to support the work. Maybe you could use a plain old V block, it may provide enough clearance in the notch underneath the pin to get it started. My first instinct is to try a pin punch.

Not a tapered pin. This one pictured is deformed from beating on it so much, lol. I have much to digest here now and I am very thankful for all of the replies. Won't get a chance at it again for a while with the holiday and all but I will be sure to check back in. Thanks again guys and Happy Thanksgiving!!

Back