Attempted Disassembly of an Aloris BXA QCTP

I'm guessing you've got some loctite on those threads. Heat it to @ 250 F or soak it in Acetone. Heats pretty quick.....Just don't overheat it. This has been my first thing to try whenever I run into a fastener which isn't rusted yet it's on like a bear. And...FWIW...my Bostar imported copy QCTP has a very, very bad habbit of that exact fastener constantly loosening up on me. It's like every other day I have to retighten it. I have been just snugging it down as I'm really not sure if it should be securely tightened with a lot of torque...or should it just be snugged.

I'd appreciate any opinions on the tightening of it. Once I find that out...I will be putting a dab of loctite on it. It can't be good for it when it loosens like that. Everytime I go to reposition the pivot nut on the toolpost stud...I can tell it has loosened because there is a spring feel to it when I torque it down.

I just today _finally_ mounted it on the lathe. (After how many weeks...? -too many.)
With all the oiling soaking and sitting, it's moving very smoothly, so I believe I let sleeping dogs nap for now an get to using it.
I will be making up one of those 'bolts' for sure.

Back