Auction in Mariposa CA

Looks interesting. That's a pretty decent Atlas/Craftsman 12" comercial lathe and several bandsaws. Bridgeport mill, as well. Lots of tooling. About a 4.5 hour drive one way for us, might be hard to talk the wife into that.

I would go but I am out of town that weekend visiting my grandkids over at the coast. The person was a real hoarder. They have already had one auction a month ago getting rid of a bunch of vehicles, trailers and who knows what else. This auction is primarily the contents of several big trailers according to their website.

Looks interesting. That's a pretty decent Atlas/Craftsman 12" comercial lathe and several bandsaws. Bridgeport mill, as well. Lots of tooling. About a 4.5 hour drive one way for us, might be hard to talk the wife into that.

Tell her you are taking her to Yosemite, but need to make a stop along the way. :)

Mariposa is actually a neat little town.

Is it near that old railroad with the Peticoat Junction train? I've been there once, years ago. Looks like it's in a pretty scenic area.

If it is a running train you might be thinking of the Sugar Pine Railroad, about an hour away in Fish Camp (mountain roads, so that is not as far as it sounds). There is also a static display of an old logging train in El Portal, about 1/2 hour away.

I haven't been down there in a few years. I know there have been several large fires in the general area, not sure how badly it has impacted the scenery.

Back