auto emails - daily digest, latest topics, newsletter, etc. Still a thing?

t.a.banks

Registered
Registered
Good Day.

A (hopefully) simple question.

Are the newsletter, daily-digest, most-popular-posts and other 'auto' alert emails no longer active?

Life keeps me from being an active participant, however I did enjoy getting news that I could peruse during downtime.

Cleaning up the inbox, I realized I hadn't received anything from the Hobby Machinist for 2 years.
Yes, the inbox is THAT full. Yes, life is such that I didn't realize I was no longer getting Hobby Machinist stuff.

I don't recall unsubscribing, my account is still active (obviously), my preferences all have checkmarks to receive
alerts/posts, nothing in my spam, nothing in my filters.

So, again the short question: Are the newsletter, daily-digest, most-popular-posts and other 'auto' alert emails no longer active?

If they are, I'm obviously being blocked somewhere/somehow, and will attempt to contact a moderator to discuss possible reasons.

Thanks for listening. Have a good day. Don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been.
Tim.

I only get e mails on posts that I have posted replies to. If you have not been active in posting, you are unlikely to receive e mails.

You may not get emails if you havnt read one of the notifications.
I receive emails from all the ones I have subscribed to but if I don't actually log in and read it there wont be another notification until I do so.

@t.a.banks - the Newsletter has been going out regularly. Is it possible that your spam filter is grabbing it?

Regarding notifications, I'll take a look at your account and determine if there are any problems there.

My thanks for the input Gentlemen.

As far as I can determine, I have no outstanding notifications.
I can't see anything that is explicitly labelled 'notifications',
there is nothing outstanding in 'conversations', nor in 'alerts'.

Nothing in my spam or trash related to hobby machinist.

I use gmail's web portal, don't use pop or imap.
I've doubled checked my gmail and google settings, nothing unusual that I can see.

I don't auto filter/redirect with the exception of 6 explicit spam filters, which redirects to trash.
Unless hobby machinist is somehow related to Gary Beadle or The Globe and Mail,
I can't see spam filters being the problem.

I am going to make some changes to various preferences to see if that will trigger something.

Again, thanks for the input.
Tim.

Back