Resolved Available Membership Upgrades vs Premium

petertha

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I received an email saying it was time to renew. When I go to my profile it shows 4 selectable upgrades (Donation, Sustaining, Commercial, Site Sponsor). But my current Premium membership is greyed out / not selectable. What's up? Premium no longer available? Wait until it expiry date and then it becomes available?

SNAG-10-20-2018 0000.jpg

Just for completeness, this was the email text

...your account upgrade named Premium Membership (12 month) $25 year at The Hobby-Machinist Forum will expire in 7 days.
Thank you for having purchased this upgrade and we hope you have enjoyed the benefits it offered. You may extend or renew your account upgrades here <link>

Upvote 0
Evening,

We have been cleaning up some of the language and settings to ensure consistency across all user upgrade options. For now, you will need to renew after the expiry date. This will ensure that you aren't charged the amount automatically - we have received quite a bit of feedback requesting the auto-renew feature be turned off.

Thanks,
Bryan (vtcnc)

EDIT: as a follow up to this effort, I'm trying to figure out how to add the "extend" membership button for the Gold level. Sit tight! Almost fixed!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There is a condition where the button may not be available to extend your donation membership level until after it expires. This is from Xenforo:

This [extend] button will only be available if the upgrade details have not changed since it was first purchased (such as cost, length, user groups, and whether recurring) as they must remain the same in case the payment is reversed and the end date has to be adjusted accordingly.

In other words, some of us will see the extend button and some of us will not. If not, please let us know if the extend button is available after your donation level expiry date - renew your membership and I'll monitor the button issue to make sure the issue is resolved.

Thanks,
Bryan

Upvote 0
If you start with the $10 donation, can you move to the $25 level by paying $15?

Upvote 0
We currently do not offer that as an option. Sorry.
I should say, not automatically. If you were to send an additional $15 at a later point in time and notify me, I can manually toggle you over to the next level up. The downside to this is that manually forcing levels in that manner will not trigger automatic reminders to renew in the future.

If you start with the $25 you won't regret it. It's worth it.

Upvote 0
My message cut off accidentally. In addition to downloads, you get media and video gallery permissions and access to the For Sale forum as a seller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Back