AWG for 2hp, with WJ200-0015SF

Mark I have 12awg 4 cond. sheilded so that looks good to use for both in/output power? I can run that through som 3/4” hard conduit but hate to have my mill hard fixed to the wall box..
thanks.
CH

Please don't take this question as an insult, but I don't know what you know or don't know about electrical wiring. Your multi-conductor cable is shielded, that is, it has a metallic shield under the insulation? Or is it flexible armored cable? There is a difference.

As for the connection between wall box and mill, I wholeheartedly agree it should be flexible so as not to transmit vibration.

Tom

Please don't take this question as an insult, but I don't know what you know or don't know about electrical wiring. Your multi-conductor cable is shielded, that is, it has a metallic shield under the insulation? Or is it flexible armored cable? There is a difference.

As for the connection between wall box and mill, I wholeheartedly agree it should be flexible so as not to transmit vibration.

Tom
LOL yea I’m not up to speed on electrical stuff, I am gad ME but i was in school several years ago. I only took a basic coarse in eletronics and I damn near failed that. I know basic electral knowledge but I don’t qualifie as a journeyman. I do most of what i have done with about 50% safty factor:cool:
CH

The cable I have is from automationdirect it is the vfd 12/4 sheilded with drain wire under the sheild.between the foil raped around wires an insulation strands. It is rated -40 to 90C 600 volts oil Resistant I/II , and it is grey. I bought it a while ago for my cnc mill motor cable and this was left over. It came in the cnc kit they used to sell. I never used it because I installed a dc 1.5 hp motor with encoder on ithe mill.
CH

Last edited:
Well finally got back to the VFD after recovery from Vertigo. Now I have forgot what the input power wiring is supose to be on the WJ200 1.5kw. I have 3 input terminals, L1 midle not labeled and the right labled RB/N this is a 200-240 v unit right? Whichh terminal does the L2 go to.? Or is the only use L1 and neutral? Sorry not real good at electrical stuff. thanks CH

Only use L1 and L3/N to the other side of 230VAC, NO neutral wire connection on this VFD, it is 230VAC. RB and +1 is only for the braking resistor if used.
Mark
WJ200 single Phase.jpg

Thanks Mark, I kind of thought that was how it should be wired, but after 3 months of not being in the shop and working on the mill, I was not sure of the input wiring. I have not had real good luck these past few months with the eye surgery, and the severe vertigo. It just makes for a lot of uncertainty if you know what I mean.
Again thank you.
CH

Back