Axa Tool Holder Lever Question

I solver the issue by just turning a small spacer so that the shoulder of the handle will bottom before the threads bind up. Works perfectly and still have all the threads engaged. That was my fix....plenty of way to solve the problem.

I ground about .050 off the threads. Problem solved. I thought of making a washer to fit but decided to take the easier path. I also checked to see if the red knob was on the wrong side of the shaft. In my case the red knob had a larger diameter thread.

Great.........Problem solved, or better yet challenge met!

Has anybody thought about putting a small jamb nut onto the handle shaft before screwing it in? Then you simply screw the handle in as far as it will gotten lock it there with the nut... this will shorten the depth you go in and prevent any tendency for the handle to loosen. That's what I would do, anyway.

Froggie

It would need to be a very thin jam nut - just one thread thick or so. The threaded stud at the end of the stalk is short and has a coarse thread. But that is a good thought.

Dudes, you have a lathe. Just face some of it down until it doesn't interfere anymore.

One of the first things I did to my Chinese AXA holder was make a new, longer handle as the one that came with it just seemed too short. It was a great opportunity to practice cutting some threads, which I clearly needed as I made the new lever like 3 times because I kept screwing the threads up...(get it?) Screwing....threads....man I crack myself up.

Humm, I'm going to have to look at my Aloris tool post and see if the problem exists with it.

Has anybody thought about putting a small jamb nut onto the handle shaft before screwing it in? Then you simply screw the handle in as far as it will gotten lock it there with the nut... this will shorten the depth you go in and prevent any tendency for the handle to loosen. That's what I would do, anyway.

Froggie
IT IS A HANDLE, it does nothing but operate the clamping mechanism, grind it , hack saw it or hit the threads with a hammer and deform them so that it stays where you want it, non-problem solved.

Back