B&S #13 It's the accessories that cost. LOL

I'm pretty sure that you have the same copy I do.

I have the 1979 KO Lee owners manual. It says it's OCR'd and low res but all the illustrations are easily seen and all the instruction is perfectly legible.
I think KO Lee did an admirable job with this manual and the instruction seems pretty complete.

If you still think you'd like the link I'll post it.

Yup, I have that one already, plus grabbed all the rest that were on the LeBlond download site for KO Lee

Thanks

Walter

Well the load of goodies arrived from Bridgeman Machine, the ones shown on the cardboard from the earlier pictures, but they were a mess, paint was cracked, chipped and flaking off the universal head. Also at least one of the bolts was not the proper one and did not hold tight to prevent spinning when tightening up.

I got a load of 3/8 and 1/2 in Teco T-Bolts in various lengths, which required a quick spin in the lathe as the heads were a bit thick to fit the T-Track on the B&S #13.

Next I took them apart, cleaned them up, replaced any missing hardware, deburred any parts that needed it and painted each part, then relubbed and re-assembled.

Here are the Universal Head, the Centre Head and the Tailstock assemblies.

Walter

IMG_3028.JPG IMG_3029.JPG IMG_3030.JPG IMG_3031.JPG

You have an enviable collection of original B&S accessories!!

Color me officially GREEN.

You have an enviable collection of original B&S accessories!!

Color me officially GREEN.

Ken

When I picked up the B&S #13 in the first place it came fairly well equiped with the parts it would have been shipped with in the first place. One noteable missed part was the Universal Head. I have scouored the continent, high and low looking for one, and the last time I contected Dave Bridgeman, he had one there, so I purchased it from him, along with much of the other stuff he had, face plate, chuck mounting plates, dead and live centre drivers for the head stock, the centre head and the radius grinding attachment.

Dave is back in that area of the US, Deroit Mi where a lot of these machines were and gets them in fairly regularly. I had suggested you contact him before. This last load he drove across the border to a shipping company he deals with that has an office in Detroit and Windsor, and shipped it from Windsor which saved us a lot of money in freight.

He supplies a lot of his parts to http://www.grindersclearinghouse.com/index.php where they rebuild machines like these. And since they offer him a descent dollar for the parts, that is what he will sell them to you or I for.

Walter

Thanks Walter!

I'll bookmark that link.

I really hope my 13 didn't suffer too much in my shop fire as they are great machines.

I'll get it out of my damaged garage and into my barn where I can evaluate it.

Back