B&S #2 Surface Grinder

Thaaaat's the problem! I'm using a Harbor Freight indicator... LOL...

-I appreciate you're looking into it...

Ray

Ray,

It's your dial indicators there, there not Brown And Sharpe!!!:panic:

I'm just kidding. If I get a chance, I'll set up and check the taper on my B & S 612 grinder and see what it measures.

Ken

edit: I do have one B & S 1" travel indicator I could use....

Going to start in with the remaining cleanup of my B&S #2 soon. I've been able to find a deal on some NIB SOPKO 200-LH & 100-LH adapters. I also now have an extra Brown & Sharpe 6" x 18" mag chuck if someone here is interested (PM me offline).

Wondering how Ray's adapter tooling is going?

Cheers to all!
Jeff P
Boise, ID

Hi Jeff,

The hub adapter went fine and I have 3 more to finish. The built-in balancing mechanism is a life-saver. I have photos of the build process and will add more to the photos when I finish-off the other 3. I also built a custom taper reamer as cutting on lathe with great precision has it's limitations. I need to re-make the reamer as the 1st one was an experiment made of 1045 treated to Rockwell 55 or so. The next one will be O1 at rockwell 60+ and should be hard enough to finish the 3 remaining hubs. Keep your eyes peeled for the posting of the project. At the moment, it's really too hot outside to fire-up the heat oven. Also, the undergound electric here is being re-vamped and we're getting occasional power outages -not a good thing when trying to heat-treat something with an electric furnace for several hours.

Ray

Going to start in with the remaining cleanup of my B&S #2 soon. I've been able to find a deal on some NIB SOPKO 200-LH & 100-LH adapters. I also now have an extra Brown & Sharpe 6" x 18" mag chuck if someone here is interested (PM me offline).

Wondering how Ray's adapter tooling is going?

Cheers to all!
Jeff P
Boise, ID

Thanks Ray for the update... will keep eyes posted for your update!

Jeff P

Back