• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You

• I apologize to anyone who is disappointed with their experience on The Hobby-Machinist.

Anyone who made a donation within the last year who would like a refund, please PM me and I will refund your money.

Again, my apologies.

Nelson

[4]

B&S No 9 Taper Horizontal Arbor

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

MDR-Maker

Swarf
Registered
Does anyone know where I can find a B&S No 9 taper horizontal arbor for a Heald mill?

I don't have the model number of the machine although it is a stand size unit. The owner does not have the manual but told me the shaft length is approx. 12".

Thanks

buffdan

Active User
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
There are other mills that use B+S 9 taper arbors, so maybe keep an eye on ebay for #9 taper arbors.. If you look for Heald, might talke a while.. I have a diamond horizontal that uses #9 taper, and I bought a #9 taper arbor from a different mill, which fit fine.. I dont remember what it was from though might be from a Burke mill.. This person machined an arbor for his Burke, which is #9 taper: http://chris-eigenheer.blogspot.com/2016/05/arbor-for-burke-4-horizontal-mill.html

markba633csi

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
I also have a Diamond mill that uses that size- watch ebay for a while you'll eventually find one
I mainly use collets to hold endmills horizontally- #9 collets are available from several sources
M

Marcduper

Registered
Registered
My Sheldon/Vernon Zero has a BS #9 taper. Not to difficult to make. Number nine tool holders are often on ebay. Poke around, I am sure you can find something.

[6]
[5] [7]