B&S No 9 Taper Horizontal Arbor

MDR-Maker

Registered
Registered
Does anyone know where I can find a B&S No 9 taper horizontal arbor for a Heald mill?

I don't have the model number of the machine although it is a stand size unit. The owner does not have the manual but told me the shaft length is approx. 12".

Thanks

There are other mills that use B+S 9 taper arbors, so maybe keep an eye on ebay for #9 taper arbors.. If you look for Heald, might talke a while.. I have a diamond horizontal that uses #9 taper, and I bought a #9 taper arbor from a different mill, which fit fine.. I dont remember what it was from though might be from a Burke mill.. This person machined an arbor for his Burke, which is #9 taper: http://chris-eigenheer.blogspot.com/2016/05/arbor-for-burke-4-horizontal-mill.html

I also have a Diamond mill that uses that size- watch ebay for a while you'll eventually find one
I mainly use collets to hold endmills horizontally- #9 collets are available from several sources
M

My Sheldon/Vernon Zero has a BS #9 taper. Not to difficult to make. Number nine tool holders are often on ebay. Poke around, I am sure you can find something.

Back