Back gear Pin??

I got the pin free. I had to disassemble the spindle to do it. That 40-year-old cosmoline binds about as well as welding:mad:
Well, now I have all the surface rust removed an all the sticking parts lubed. Next, I have to get it all repainted and assembled.
Thanks for all the responses
Randy

Don't forget the two screws that you need to crank the cross slide to the rear to uncover and remove one at a time. And the spring-loaded oiler for the half nut lever. And the back gear bushings. Remove the chuck or faceplate and then the metal hole plug for access to this. Also, inside the pedestal hidden by the large jack shaft pulley is a poorly lit oil cup for the lower jack shaft bushings.

On my 3996, I have always had a problem with the motor pulley wanting to walk off of the motor shaft. I finally solved the problem by buying a split collar for 5/8" shafting from McMaster and installing it up against the properly aligned pulley. After probably three years, I haven't had to touch it or the pulley. Before, I was repositioning the pulley every few operating hours.

Back