Bad Day

ddickey

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I broke two nice reamers yesterday. A .250" Alvord-Polk and a .249" LaSalle And Ide. I also bought several Letter and number drill bits from McMaster-Carr, 8 to be exact. They were still in their bags and I can only find four. I suspect the other four got thrown out in the trash yesterday.

Do tell us how you break a reamer. As far a missing items go. Stand in the middle of the shop, in the presence of witnesses and declare out loud that you are an idiot and have lost the drills. Shortly after this, the missing parts will appear in an obvious place you could swear you checked all ready.

I would swear there are gremlins under the equipment that take everything that gets dropped on the floor and gives you back more swarf in it's place. And boy are they quick. At times I think they also take things off the bench while your back is turned.

I start blaming the mailman (or whoever just came by) for stealing them and shortly they turn up, then I promptly blame myself for being such a moron. Then I have a beer.
How did you break those reamers anyhow?

A couple of years ago, my cell phone dropped out of my pocket in my wood shop in front of the workbench, it opened up and the battery went flying; I could not find it anywhere, looked and looked to no avail; fast forward over a year, and I was looking for something on a shelf in a cabinet under the bench, and there it was! I took it to the house, put it into the phone, and the phone worked! Of course I had bought a new phone by that time, so I did not take up with my old phone, but it goes to show, do not give up; I think the more you search, the less you find --- I'm still looking for a dropped pencil with a Brown & Sharpe clip on it -------

I broke two nice reamers yesterday. A .250" Alvord-Polk and a .249" LaSalle And Ide. I also bought several Letter and number drill bits from McMaster-Carr, 8 to be exact. They were still in their bags and I can only find four. I suspect the other four got thrown out in the trash yesterday.
Whenever I lose something, I'll spend half a day looking for it with no luck. Then, I'll ask my wife to come out and have a look. She'll walk right up to my toolbox or bench and say, 'It's right there.' I don't know how she does it. I seriously think it's magic. I'll have her go out to my shop and see if she can find your drill bits. If she does, you can send me your address and I'll be happy to mail them to you.

Regards (and good luck),
Terry

P.S.: Stay away from my reamers.

Whenever I lose something, I'll spend half a day looking for it with no luck. Then, I'll ask my wife to come out and have a look. She'll walk right up to my toolbox or bench and say, 'It's right there.' I don't know how she does it. I seriously think it's magic. I'll have her go out to my shop and see if she can find your drill bits. If she does, you can send me your address and I'll be happy to mail them to you.

Regards (and good luck),
Terry

P.S.: Stay away from my reamers.
That is what I call, and have come to depend on as the "Uterus Based Finding device". Only applies to the species homo sapiens, canine will not suffice.
It has only failed once in over (10) years that I can remember.
I was polishing a small part on a large buffing wheel this past summer holding it in a jerry-rigged holder and it went flying.
My Better-Half was present when this occurred. Searched for hours, never showed up.
I was cleaning out a junk drawer of aluminum pieces this week and found it! Aforementioned Better-Half is out of town visiting her Kids.
Go figure...
Seriously, whenever I get frustrated at trying to find something I give up and humbly go ask for assistance. Always seems to work thankfully.

Back