Bad Day

After buying some new drill bits to replace the ones I lost, you guessed it, I lost four more.
This time though It was just to bizarre because I knew for sure they were in my drawer with my other bits. What had happened was they fell behind the drawer of my tool chest somehow and that is where they were, all of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do tell us how you break a reamer. As far a missing items go. Stand in the middle of the shop, in the presence of witnesses and declare out loud that you are an idiot and have lost the drills. Shortly after this, the missing parts will appear in an obvious place you could swear you checked all ready.

Not here, the lost parts appear at some point after you buy replacements in my shop ;-)

Had a trailer floor to put down, so I bought 12 hole hog 7/32 bits to be ready. Well got everything rounded up and could not find the bits.
Ordered 12 more, got the job done only breaking 5 and then found the first 12 that I put where I would know where the were. I’m all supplied with 7/32 bits.
Ron

Whenever I lose something, I'll spend half a day looking for it with no luck. Then, I'll ask my wife to come out and have a look. She'll walk right up to my toolbox or bench and say, 'It's right there.' I don't know how she does it. I seriously think it's magic. I'll have her go out to my shop and see if she can find your drill bits. If she does, you can send me your address and I'll be happy to mail them to you.

Regards (and good luck),
Terry

P.S.: Stay away from my reamers.
See? I told ya. Happened again today. Spent the better part of two hours down in my shop trying to find one sheet of paper that had a parts order I HAD to make. Even went up to the house and checked all the usual hiding places. Finally, I gave in to humility and called "Eagle Eye" out to the shop and asked her to help me find it. Took her the better part of eight seconds (she's been feeling a little poorly lately). The bad part is that if it was a snake it would have bit me at least half-a-dozen times. No joke. Really.

Don't know how I'd survive without her. AND she's an unbelievable cook. So much so that I've thought about opening a restaurant. Gave up that idea after her three-word answer: "I'll kill you."

Regards,
Terry

My wife is also very good at finding my stuff, and generally it is literally in plain sight.

There is no such thing as a bad day, only one's perception of how the day was.

When some small item goes flying in the shop I am very careful to listen to where it lands and try to determine the
trajectory from there. Of course if the air compressor is running at the time, you might not find it...:blue:

I lost a magnet and looked for hours the other day. It had hooked itself to my hack saw and hitch hiked a ride off to the bench.
Of course one wouldn't expect to look for it there.....

Last edited:
I lost a magnet and looked for hours the other day. It had hooked itself to my hack saw and hitch hiked a ride off to the bench.
Of course one wouldn't expect to look for it there.....
You know those really handy magnetic trays for your tools or parts? They sell 'em everywhere, they are so handy! You know how many times I have FINALLY found my missing socket, or screw, or whatever hiding on the magnet UNDER that tray?

See? I told ya. Happened again today. Spent the better part of two hours down in my shop trying to find one sheet of paper that had a parts order I HAD to make. Even went up to the house and checked all the usual hiding places. Finally, I gave in to humility and called "Eagle Eye" out to the shop and asked her to help me find it. Took her the better part of eight seconds (she's been feeling a little poorly lately). The bad part is that if it was a snake it would have bit me at least half-a-dozen times. No joke. Really.

Don't know how I'd survive without her. AND she's an unbelievable cook. So much so that I've thought about opening a restaurant. Gave up that idea after her three-word answer: "I'll kill you."

Regards,
Terry
Eagle eye........:grin::grin:

You know those really handy magnetic trays for your tools or parts? They sell 'em everywhere, they are so handy! You know how many times I have FINALLY found my missing socket, or screw, or whatever hiding on the magnet UNDER that tray?
Doesn't work so well with paper though....:D:D:D

While working on a minor job on my MC I set a few items i removed next to it, walked to the tool box and back. A few minutes later I wanted to reassemble and a bolt was missing. I looked,and looked it was nowhere to be found. Then I spotted the new puppy laying in the grass chewing on something, yep it was my bolt. I had to keep an eye on him until he aged a little. Would pick up every thing. Walking him once he found a dime to chew on.

Back