Active User
Registered
Hi Guys
Guess somebody here will have experience with these
We have a couple of Wheels, the largest being 14", 350 mm in diameter
Have an idea of sorts, but would appreciate specific info
TIA
aRM

what are they ?, what do they do / look like ?.

Sorry DLane. Should have been more elaborate.
These are Aluminium Rubber Covered Contact Wheels used for Grinding Custom Knives.
The pic should give U a better idea.
TIA
aRMCONTACT WHEELS.jpg

I still dont get the question. Are you asking what the wheels are for? Which you already seem to know, are for grinding knives. Or are you looking to use them for another purpose? For which we are unaware.

Cheers Phil

I think he wants to balance them them like a car tire. I would put it on an arbor suspended between to sharp-edged rails and drill some small holes on the low point until there isn't a point that always stops at the bottom. Looks like the largest one already had some balancing done to it.

I think he wants to balance them them like a car tire. I would put it on an arbor suspended between to sharp-edged rails and drill some small holes on the low point until there isn't a point that always stops at the bottom. Looks like the largest one already had some balancing done to it.

:+1: what Jim said

Reactions: ARM
Hi Guys
Yes, these are used on our Belt Grinders for Custom Knives.
We are having lots of bouncing with our 14" and 12" x 2" Wheels
The 1" spins fine without any Bounce at all. They would have come balanced like the BIG one in the pic but these two need attention now
That's the score at present
TIA
aRM

Back