Baldor Grinder Questions

Shouldn't have doubled like that Susan- I just tried it myself (but didn't order) and got the same result as Cooter
You should call them
mark
It's all good. I think they corrected it after getting my emaIL last night since I was able to order today with zero glitches

1 PHD, 1 ER RN, you sure? LOL....Someone would be able to pick it up if needed.

My apologies, you were stating about selling baldors, I may have missed a post in between. One of my kids would be able to get a machine from you, if you should decide to sell one.

My apologies, you were stating about selling baldors, I may have missed a post in between. One of my kids would be able to get a machine from you, if you should decide to sell one.
LOL!! Yes, of course! Why else would you mention, "1 PHD, 1 ER RN.."
Unfortunately, another member PM'd me about the Baldor before you. Should he decide to not buy it, I will contact you.
Thanks for your interest ;-)

Also, I apologize for misinterpretting your message. I get hit on by guys, and assumed wrong about your messages.
Susan

I bought a similar Baldor some years ago (2014), also missing drip trays. Checked Baldor (as did T.J.), and got sticker shock. Just for fun, checked Grizzle. Lo and behold, they have a similar grinder. Water trays (item #22, p/n PH7762022) are $14.25. I bought two and was able to fit them!
http://www.grizzly.com/products/h7762/parts (second page)
Photo of a Grizzle tray on my Baldor. The screw indicated by the red arrow keeps the tray in place on the posts (which I drilled & tapped)
View attachment 281788
Hman,
I wanted to thank you again for sharing with me that Grizzly link.
Fyi, I only happened to have an extra Baldor water cup due to an order mishap with MSC. They had a webpage for a Baldor cup that also showed the mounting brackets for regular, non carbide tool, grinders. I received only the cup. After I spoke to customer service, they said they'd send me the missing mounting hardware. Instead, they sent me another cup along with the hardware. I am sharing this story because I wanted to make clear that there is no way i'd buy a spare Baldor cup since they are not cheap.
On the other hand, when I was ordering the coolant trays for my carbide grinder, I saw that Grizzly sold the same water cup for only $10.94 (the cheapest Baldor cup I could find online was $43.20)! So, I ordered it just to check it out
When it arrived, I was really flabbergasted at how similiar these cups were, as shown here:
20181214_192507.jpg
20181214_192517.jpg
The only difference was that the grizzly cup was pre-drilled for the coolant pipe/hose, and, obviously, the color. There was also an obvious difference in the finish quality (not easily shown in these photos) on the inside of the cups where the Grizzly wasn't as nice looking as the Baldor.
Since my carbide grinder's color isn't the same as the Baldor cup, and since the Grizzly is already drilled, I think I will just paint the Grizzly and use that one. As for the Baldor cup, I may sell it on ebay.
Anyways, Hman, thanks again for giving us an affordable option to buy replacement parts for our Baldors :)

Susan

Back