Baldor motor wiring

calstar

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Basic question here, see the pic. I've got the motor wired as per the low voltage diagram but am not sure what the line(lower left in the pic) connects to. Do I connect it to the two hot legs from the switch and plug? What about the neutrals, connect the two? thanks, Brian

DSCN1028_zpsckmhhwag.jpg

Connect the plug cable white to the Line2 on the motor. Connect the black from the plug to the white going to the switch and put some black tape on it. The black from the switch connects to the Line1 on the motor.

Yes, one is a switch leg. I'm trying to load an image of the wiring diagram from photo bucket but it won't let me. Diagram shows 1-3-8, 2-j-5 and 4 as the line. Ok, just loaded a pic without using bucket.

IMG_4400.jpg

Yes let's see the diagram on the motor- there's an extra wire there
Mark

OK connect the two blacks together
connect the white from the switch to the one lone wire (should be 4)
connect the white from the power cord to the bundle 1,3,8
Mark

"Connect the plug cable white to the Line2 on the motor. Connect the black from the plug to the white going to the switch and put some black tape on it. The black from the switch connects to the Line1 on the motor." Jim 12855

"OK connect the two blacks together
connect the white from the switch to the one lone wire (should be 4)
connect the white from the power cord to the bundle 1,3,8" Mark

I'm confused, seems like these directions aren't the same, am I missing something?

thanks, Brian

They're not the same, try mine first Brian, it may not work but I guarantee it won't blow up anything
Mark
ps Line 1 and 2 are actually called 1 and 4 on the motor plate- otherwise Jim and I are on the same page essentially

Last edited:
We have lift off!! I tried Marks directions, motor now running. As usual thanks to all that responded, your expertise is much appreciated.

Brian

Back