Baltimore maker space online equipment auction starts Monday, Feb 25th

DiscoDan

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
This is where I took all of my metal working classes in Baltimore. Sad. Here is a link. It is all online and it starts Monday February 25th.

Wish I had space and funds for the lathe and mill. I have used both plus the iron worker, the red and white vertical metal band saw (definitely needs a new blade), the horizontal band saw, and the last drill press shown. There is a surface grinder but we did not use that.

Now that's a shame.
Looks like that was a nice setup, wide range of equipment.

Sagamore Ventures = Under Armour . I'm sure the space wasn't cheap Dan . He's building the UA headquarters there .

Sagamore Ventures = Under Armour . I'm sure the space wasn't cheap Dan . He's building the UA headquarters there .
So Sagamore took over the building? (lost me on the fast turn...)
A good PR move would have been to find them other space, perhaps in a more affordable area.
Seems to me a lot of these Maker Space(s) are in the high rent areas.
And then there are times they are in the affordable areas that then get gentrified and the prices go through the roof.

It is a really nice space in a prime waterfront location being redeveloped as noted already. They are looking for more affordable space but by the looks of what they are auctioning, any new iteration won't be offering most if the metal working classes. Sad

Sagamore ( Under Armour ) owns all of Port Covington . Plans for their headquarters have been in the process for years . They also bought the building in which I worked for 3.5 years and we leased it back . The Baltimore Sun . As part of the agreement , if they wanted the Sun out of the building , they had to buy them another . They also just acquired the Loche Insulator building , so they own most of the coast ! :grin:

Back