Band saw blades for portable saw

Aukai

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I am putting together a Swag table, and a Milwaukee band saw for metal cutting. I have been poking around, and see Lenox has a 14 tpi, and a 14-18 tpi. Which of these, or other tpi blades should I have on hand? Also any other brands I should consider? Thank you

I use a Lenox Diemaster 2 bimetal 10-14 variable tooth blade on my Jet 5X6 horizontal/vertical bandsaw and love it. I use it to cut almost everything, even thin stuff. My blades last for years so I'll stick with them.

Thank you for the guidance everyone....

I am putting together a Swag table, and a Milwaukee band saw for metal cutting. I have been poking around, and see Lenox has a 14 tpi, and a 14-18 tpi. Which of these, or other tpi blades should I have on hand? Also any other brands I should consider? Thank you
I did the same, and have just been using the stock dewalt blades from the hardware store. Break a blade about every other year. Didn't occur to me to put in better blades, being a portaband and all, but I'll check out some of the above suggestions.

BTW best addition I made to the Swag table was a fence. Easy to make, pattern it off the Kreg, mount it to the front. I bolted the Swag to some MDF, added a kill-switch (since the trigger is held permanently on with a spring clip), and store a couple canisters of lead shot underneath the table so it don't slide around overmuch.

I ordered mine with the foot switch. The fence looks interesting.

Lenox Masterband are excellently. Hf might still have the Morse brand. Both of these are m42 and they should last you quite a long time.

Lenox Masterband are excellently. Hf might still have the Morse brand. Both of these are m42 and they should last you quite a long time.

I used to buy the Lenox blades from Harbor Freight as well. Very good quality. They now are selling Bauer blades, 2 to a pack in three different tooth pitch. I don't have an opinion on quality yet as I just bought them a few days ago.

Lenox. From bandsaw blades to boxcutter blades.
I just had to go and search on 'Swag' table. Gotta get me one of those, or make one!
Honey gifted me with a Bauer earlier this year.

Back