Bandsaw problem

Before anything else replace the cylinder. It all may be a simple matter of too much pressure.

What kind of blade are you running?
Grizzly blades mostly. 18 tooth rakers I believe. I wanted something with less TPI, but they weren't offering them. I can't tell you about the other two, but I'm fairly certain the last one was high speed steel. I did buy one Olson bimetal blade as well, because I thought I remembered someone recommending them.

Yes I agree. That's what I've ordered. Well...at least that's the TPI I ordered. I didn't check those other two specs. Doh!

I have basically the same saw. My guide bearings were worn out also, pretty cheap on ebay. The down feed cylinder should be re-buildable, and it could be that just the bleed valve is bad.
The guide bearings are the only parts I’ve had to replace on my 4x6 in 40yrs of service. The worn out ones were free but rough under pressure causing the jump and bump. Replaced them at least 35yrs ago and never had a problem since.

Seems like the down feed cylinder replacement solved it. I didn't change the blade yet, but it's a night and day difference as far as how the saw acts. $144.00 well spent.

Seems like the down feed cylinder replacement solved it. I didn't change the blade yet, but it's a night and day difference as far as how the saw acts. $144.00 well spent.
really, boy I was betting it was something else.
glad it worked.

Back