Banggood gear cutters

Suzuki4evr

Registered
Registered
Does anyone have any experience with Banggood gear cutters? Are they any good or total waste of money?

I suppose it might depend on what material you are cutting and the expected life between sharpenings. Accuracy and finish may be a factor also.

I suppose it might depend on what material you are cutting and the expected life between sharpenings. Accuracy and finish may be a factor also.
1055 and 1043 steel. It will not be used that often. I am going to make change gears for my big lathe. Those gears will also be used very often.

If the gears are of imperial pitch, you may be better off to look on E Bay for used ones, those carbon steels can be tough. I have made many change gears out of 1018 steel, they work fine, Cast iron is very common for change gears and is easy to cut.

The cheap cutters are sometimes just some grade of tool steel - not HSS - so you need to be careful with heat. The cheap set I've got glide through cast iron and ali very nicely, but I have yet to try steel. Quality HSS cutters area huge jump in price, though. A cheap set of 8 can be bought for ~£65, where a single HSS cutter costs £25 - £125.

Back