Beautiful rebuilds

ranch23

Active User
Registered
You folks with your beautiful rebuilds make me want to buy a machine and take on another project. I don't need another mill and don't have the room, or the time. Your machines to me are as beautiful as a custom hot rod. Of course when I say I don't have the room it means I have already received a quote to add on......

Go for it. Restorations are the best part of this hobby, to me. Almost all of my machining goes into the next project machine.
Finishing up a 6x12 bandsaw, about to start on a shaper.
Also dickering on 1.5 milling machines.

A rebuild is as much fun as using it. The hobby is just a blurr. Another up-side is you really get to learn the machine inside and out. A rebuild is highly recommended. Here is my rebuild. I posted them here as my rebuild thread pix do not work any more.

Mill - 01.JPG Mill - 02.JPG Mill - 03.JPG Mill - 04.JPG Mill - 05.JPG Mill - 06.JPG Mill - 07.JPG Mill - 08.JPG Mill - 09.JPG Mill - 10.JPG View attachment 95433

Last edited:
Beautiful, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Nice shop, noticed the snowblower. I lived in Wisconsin for a year and a half when I apprenticed, you guys have some real winters.

Well, it still didn't display in the thread for me, so I'll try it this way.

Mill-01.jpg
Mill-02.jpg
Mill-03.jpg
Mill-04.jpg
Mill-05.jpg
Mill-06.jpg
Mill-07.jpg
Mill-09.jpg
Mill-10.jpg

Mill-01.jpg

Mill-02.jpg

Mill-03.jpg

Mill-04.jpg

Mill-05.jpg

Mill-06.jpg

Mill-07.jpg

Mill-09.jpg

Mill-10.jpg

That BridgePort looks Sweeeeeeet
The colours go good together. That must have taken a while to get it that nice.
Great looking Job

RandyM what kind of condition was you Bp in before you restored it? Very nice!

RandyM what kind of condition was you Bp in before you restored it? Very nice!

Well, it was usable, but needed a big cleaning and going through. The ram and turret were froze together compliments of a family of mice. As long as I had it apart I put all new bearings in it. Here are some before pics on the day I brought it home. As you can see I waisted no time in tearing in and fixing her up.

Mill-1.JPG Mill-2.JPG Mill-3.JPG Mill-4.JPG Mill-5.JPG

Hi Randy,
Awesome rebuild. I am just starting on my J head. Can you give me some info on the leveling screws on your base? I want to do something to make leveling easier but don't want to spend a fortune!!!

Thanks,
Scott

Back